Some might argue it "should" work this way too (as in how it works now),
since the first user does not have the security to send the call where the
second user does...

You might be sure to test attended transfers and directed call pickups.
That's where they failed before.  They have gotten better since they
finally added REFER support, but you might also want to test park retrieve
and park call return too. Post back on what they choke on if you would be
so kind.

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Jeff Pyle <jp...@fidelityvoice.com> wrote:

> Michael,
>
> I have a number of TA900-series Adtrans on my network, and I'm familiar
> with most of the ins and outs of their configuration.  You're right,
> they're not perfect, but I've become quite satisfied with them.  I'm
> curious what issues you've encountered.
>
> In this particular sipX test scenario, I have a single Adtran gateway
> configured in sipX as an "Unmanaged gateway".  All the signaling everywhere
> in the system is private; no NAT or public traffic exists.  This is not a
> "SIP Trunking" issue as sipX defines it because I don't have a "SIP Trunk"
> defined with sipXbridge.
>
> Regardless, the signaling for the outbound leg of the call doesn't make it
> out of sipXproxy towards the Adtran in the failing scenarios.  Captures
> have shown sipXproxy denies it with a "403 Requires" rejection.  Joegen has
> said this is because of a long-standing 302 bug where permissions are not
> inherited correctly.  The provider/gateway is irrelevant because the call
> is dropped within sipX before it even tries to contact the
> provider/gateway.  Even if I were to light up a trunk with voip.ms as
> Todd suggests and configure it with sipXbridge, in this scenario sipXproxy
> would reject the call before it got to sipXbridge (tested), and certainly
> before it got to voip.ms.
>
> Summarizing Joegen's explanation, the call is denied because of a
> permissions problem.  What if I were to edit the Local dial plan to change
> the permission requirement from the default "Local Dialing" to "None"?
>  That way an unauthenticated user (with no permissions), including an
> external gateway, should be able to send a call through the matching dial
> plan.
>
> And it worked!  I could call the user with the call forward from a user
> without the Local permission, and the forward executed correctly.  Same
> thing from an external call routing in through the PRI.  Good stuff.
>
> Clearly there's a security issue leaving it like this.  I look forward to
> the day when the 302/permissions problem is resolved.  Thanks to everyone
> for your thoughts and suggestions.  And if anyone has other thoughts about
> how to work around the 302 problem in a more secure way, I'd love to hear
> it.
>

> - Jeff
>

> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Michael Picher <mpic...@ezuce.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, those adtrans are known to have some SIP issues in working with our
>> platform...
>>
>> Josh can speak up but we've tested them every so often and from what I
>> know from about 4 months ago they still hadn't ironed out all of the
>> signalling issues they have.
>>
>> Mike
>>

>> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 9:06 AM, Todd Hodgen <thod...@frontier.com>wrote:
>>
>>> That feature works today, as AFAIK, has worked for years.   Incoming
>>> calls to an extension, can have forwarding set to ring at the same time, or
> [...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linked-In Profile:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tony-graziano/14/4a6/7a4
Ask about our Internet Fax services!

Using or developing for sipXecs from SIPFoundry? Ask me about sipX-CoLab
2013!
 <http://sipxcolab2013.eventbrite.com/?discount=tony2013>

Helpdesk Customers: http://myhelp.myitdepartment.net
Blog: http://blog.myitdepartment.net