On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Douglas Hubler <dhub...@ezuce.com> wrote:

> I'm very pleased to see you guys excited about the platform.
>
> > On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 12:53 AM, Михаил Родионов <ma...@siplabs.ru>
> wrote:
> >> We are now 4.6-focused (in terms of development)
>
> There's not a lot of developer documentation on 4.6, you guys able to
> figure things out? If so, any feedback on where to concentrate once we
> do start 4.6 dev docs?
>
> > The 'apps'/'marketplace' idea is something that I think would make good
> > sense.  pfSense does this now but there's no pay feature.  There'd be a
> fair
> > amount of back-end work as there needs to be a pay feature integrated as
> > part of this.  Maybe there could instead of a pay feature be some easy
> way
> > for developers to integrate a licensing mechanism to enable a module
> after
> > it's installed (if its not a free add-on).
>
> Agree w/what Michael said.
>
> >> Minor project ideas (will be 100% free and open source, need only
> >> priorities voting):
> >> - Custom freeswitch extensions editor/manager
> > This would be handy. I worry a bit about folks really breaking things
> > though.
>
> Michael may or may not be be right, but I wouldn't let this stop you.
> We'd just need good regression tests first.

There's already support for adding FS extensions from sipXconfig plugins
(check FreeswitchExtensionProvider and FreeswitchExtensionCollector, they
all will get appended in
/etc/sipxpbx/freeswitch/conf/dialplan/sipX_context.xml dialplan) plus
support for adding config UI plugin pages.
IMO each such plugin should add it's own page to manage its own FS
extension (e.g for an valet park app - a separate project / jar file placed
in /usr/share/java/sipXecs/sipXconfig/plugins/ that will contribute FS
extension and page to manage it)

George