I'm not sure this is the right method of reporting issues - please tell me if I
should be doing this differently.

I'm running sipXecs 4.6 with Bria 3 softphones. I believe there's a design bug
in the feature for end-users to reset their password:

1.       End user goes to the end-user portal and resets their password (My
Information>Unified Messaging, the top 2 fields Password and Confirm Password);

2.       End user logs in with Bria softphone, using the new password;

3.       The SIP account logs in fine, the XMPP account does not.
The reason that the XMPP account doesn't work is that the .ini file (that the
phone is provisioned with on login) still has the old password. A work-around
is for the superadmin to create a new profile (Phones>Send Profiles button) for
the user's softphone (after the end-user has changed their password).
Subsequently the user's softphone needs to logout and back in again, and now
both accounts work.
To resolve this, the system would have to  generate new phone profiles for all
the user's phones (Bria specifically) that have XMPP built in, after the user
changes their password in the portal.

A second non-related issue which throws end-users into a tizzy is that the
login screen to the portal asks for their PIN, when it actually needs their
password (specifically, their XMPP password). Despite its heading, the user's
Voice Mail PIN will not work. The heading of this field on the login screen
ought to be "Password:".

Thanks!

Nicholas Drayer
Managing Director