I think it would help a lot if sipxbridge could send a failure message to
the proxy so the proxy could try another gateway (i.e. put these in a
dailplan). Though the gateways (if this is a pstn gateway) or sipxbridge
needs to be able to discern this is a transport issue and generate maybe a
302 versus a 486 busy.

I think if the proxy has the ability to detect "conclusively" that
something is down it can route calls. Conversely, the UA's can do the same
thing by registering one line to each (one line to sipx, the other to the
gateway).

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 6:03 AM, Michael Picher <mpic...@ezuce.com> wrote:

> >From my recollection, SAS does not support using a SRV record.
>
> This is a bit of a problem as I see it.  Trading one point of failure for
> another.  I guess you just need to ask yourself, is it more likely that an
> ITSP will go down or your gateway will fail.  I think the former is more
> likely.
>
> Mike
>

> On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 5:48 AM, Marco Colaneri <sipxm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Thank you Josh,
>>
>> I know that way to configure SAS.
>>
>> We didn't choose it because all sip signaling traffic goes
>> through the gateway.
>> So if the gateway fails or becomes unreachable, all the
>> phone can't register and reach SipXecs servers.
>>
>> Maybe we could get over this problem by defining a new SRV
>> record on DNS (e.g. gwsite1.sipdomain) which points
>> primarily to the audiocodes gateway and secondarily to the
>> sipxecs servers. This configuration should fix problems due
>> to Audiocodes failures. Am I right or I'm missing something?
>> If we didn't deploy a DNS server locally, would this
>> solution still work when the site WAN link fails? How could
>> phones resolve outbound proxy address? Perhaps using DNS
>> records caching?
>>
>> Thank you very much for help.
>>
>> Marco

> Michael Picher, Director of Technical Services
> eZuce, Inc.
>
> 300 Brickstone Square****
>
> Suite 201****
>
> Andover, MA. 01810
> O.978-296-1005 X2015
> M.207-956-0262
> @mpicher <http://twitter.com/mpicher>
> linkedin <http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=35504760&trk=tab_pro>
> www.ezuce.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linked-In Profile:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tony-graziano/14/4a6/7a4
Ask about our Internet Fax services!

Using or developing for sipXecs from SIPFoundry? Ask me about sipX-CoLab
2013!
<http://sipxcolab2013.eventbrite.com/?discount=tony2013>

Helpdesk Customers: http://myhelp.myitdepartment.net
Blog: http://blog.myitdepartment.net