From: Ole Holm Nielsen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mon 30/05/2005 12:51 AM
To: sisuite-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: Bernard Li
Subject: Re: [Sisuite-users] Cloned clients won't boot from harddisk (Redhat RHEL 4.0)

"Bernard Li" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Do you use SystemConfigurator along side SystemImager?  One thing you can try is modify
> autoinstallscript.conf and add:
>
>  <boel devstyle="devfs" /> right before the config block ends (right before </config>).
>
>  Then re-run mkautoinstallscript for the image and try to re-image a new client.  See if
> that works.

Nope, Redhat RHEL 4.0 doesn't use devfs filesystems.  I tried your
suggestion, and the SI installation still doesn't work when the
client tries to boot from harddisk.

I've localized the problem to the "grub-install" command failing
during SI installation.  I'll dig deeper into this...

If anyone has managed to get SystemImager 3.4.1 to work with
Redhat RHEL 4.0 clients, I'd love to know the solution !

Thanks,
Ole

Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark