From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Steven A. DuChene
Sent: Mon 17/04/2006 18:45
To: sisuite-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Sisuite-users] UYOK in 3.6.3 does not have /dev entries for second scsi disk

So I finally was able to get past my "not finding master script" issues by
fixing some naming convention issues here. I am now booting the system
I am trying to install but it halts at the root prompt in the /scripts/pre-install
directory. It seems that the initrd.img created during the UYOK process on
my golden client did not contain any entries in the /dev directory for the
second scsi disk (/dev/sdb*). The golden-client I pulled the image from
definately has two scsi disks and the appropriate entries in /dev and the
entries did end up in the /dev directory in the image that got pulled to the
image server during the si_getimage process.

I was able to temporarily solve this issue by creating the needed entries in
/dev on the system I was trying to image when it halted at a root prompt
in the /scripts/pre-install directory during the failed boot and then executed
the master script by hand. This let the install continue but I don't understand
why these /dev entries for the appropriate sdb devices did not get created
in the initrd.img file during the UYOK / si_prepareclient process.
--
Steve