Bryan,

 Thanks for the information ... now I see that "man si_monitor" does give
:

Clients must have defined the MONITOR_SERVER (and optional MONITOR_PORT)
as boot parameters to enable the monitoring feature.

Is this documented anywhere else ?

Thanks

David K Livingstone
CN Signals and Communications
10229 127 Avenue floor 2
Edmonton, AB, T5E 0B9
Ph  : 780 472-3959 Fax : 780 472-3050
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Bryan Washer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
2007/09/28 11:08
Please respond to

<sisuite-users@lists.sourceforge.net>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc

Subject
Re: [sisuite-users] No  Logging

You need to edit the APPEND line in your boot file on the PXE server?.here
is an example of one of mine?

APPEND vga=extended  initrd=i386_standard_initrd root=/dev/ram
MONITOR_SERVER=192.168.118.244 MONITOR_CONSOLE=yes

Notice the MONITOR_SERVER= and MONITOR_CONSOLE=yes

MONITOR_SERVER=a.b.c.d is needed to active the monitoring of the
installation

And

MONITOR_CONSOLE=yes is needed if you would like to be able to see a mirror
of the console while the system in imaging.

Hope this helps.

Bryan Washer

Sr. Systems Administrator

Vitesse Semiconductor Corp