On Feb 20, 2008 2:43 AM, Andrea Righi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Tory, first of all that's simply great! I've just started to work on Xen
> and SI integration, so I'm really interested in this topic!!!
>
> Question: are you running Xen in HVM mode to image the VM clients?  And
> after the imaging you can choose to switch to paravirtualized mode or
> simply reboot and continue to use HVM, right?

Currently I'm imaging inside the vm, allowing SI to reboot once done
and I can console, shutdown, destroy etc.

During the creation I'm in the vm (thus console) and so I can watch
what SI is doing and if it fails, I can interact just like if I was
imaging a standalone system (watching the console or terminal).

Obviously one can simply create an domain in ram, but I like having
the full domain available,, Using a lvm create a small 10gig chunk
that SI sees as a xvd* disk, it partitions it nicely and bingo no
issues. In fact just handed this off to one of my guys and they
quickly built up a postgres install and is doing some basic testing of
8.3 in the domain (need to get off the virtual speak, and start using
domain, or vice versa)

Tory

Trying the patch