On Sep 25, 2010, at 10:14 AM, Chris Pepper wrote:
> No, it's getting a lease. Otherwise it wouldn't be able to download the
> code and wouldn't be trying to ping IMAGESERVER, but I do see it in the log.

I have seen cases with clients getting a DHCP lease at the start of the PXE
boot, but when the SystemImager scripts start running and request another DHCP
lease, the request fails.  In that case, the nodes were connected to a newly
configured Cisco switch that had spanning tree enabled, which imposed a delay,
preventing a lease, and ultimately making the ping test fail.

Not saying that's your situation, but I have seen it.

-Greg

--
Greg Fiumara
gregory.fium...@nist.gov