> On 5 May 2018, at 11:31, brent s. <b...@square-r00t.net> wrote:
>
> it is SO IMPORTANT for both ends of the peering to have a relatively
> recent keyset. i don't see how we can "fix" this without entirely
> restructuring how HKP recon behaves,

Yes. Perhaps it would be a good idea to systematise the dump/restore process so
that instead of a human being following written instructions, a new peer of
server A will attempt to a) probe server A to find the key difference b) if the
difference is large, download a dump from some standard place c) reinitialise
itself before trying again.

Removing human error from such processes is A Good Thing in any case...