> Sad but not surprised. Thanks for all your time and effort. It has been much
> appreciated.

Yes.

> I am reluctant to declare defeat, but this calls for a tactical retreat and
> regroup.

Yes.

There's a certain dark lesson to be learned here.  The keyserver network
was designed in the anticipation that governments and/or intelligence
agencies were the principal threat.

The principal threat is actually our own users.  And that's a hell of a
demoralizing thing for a volunteer network.

"And I lift my glass to the Awful Truth,
 Which cannot be revealed to the ears of youth
 Except to say it isn't worth a dime."

        -- Leonard Cohen, _Closing Time_