The kind of headphones you're looking for are classified so as to reflect whether you can hear outside noise. I forget their name but it helps you eliminate a basic type so you can maintain focus. You can get microphones separate from headphones and you might want to do that if your environment isn't too noisy. This would increase your choices of headphones. What you'll want to spend is purely subjective.
-----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:skypeenglish-bounces at emissives.com] On Behalf Of Dean Adams Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:49 PM To: screen access software with skype Subject: Re: [Skypeenglish] headset recommendation Hey Alex, Go and check out sennheiser headsets I have been using the one I have know for the last 18 months and it is the model 151 with microphone they make several models ranging in price I paid about 120 dollars for these and they are very sturdy and have a long cord and have an inline volume adjustment and it has an off and on button for the microphone they have 3.5mm plugs on the end but if you want you can buy a cmeadia usb sound card and plug any headphones into it as an alternative. If you go to http://headphones.com.au/pbrowse?catID=1 where you can check out all the different models of headphones and they have a review of each model they sell they are based in perth and ship all over the country. Regards Dean At 11:39 PM 31/03/2009, you wrote: >hi list. >guess what, its that time again, I have managed to break another headset. > >so I am looking for recommendations. >I no everyone says logitech and that's fine I love logitech. > >However if I outline what i'm after then perhaps someone can >recommend me something. > >since I e mailed the list on this topic last time I have relaxed >what I am looking for a bit. > >I don't mind if its USB or a jacked headset, if it has both options >then great but if only jacks then that's fine. > >However the first thing that is really important and something that >I can't compromise on is that it needs to be a headset where the >headphone parts are flat and just rest on your ears. I don't like >the headsets where the headphones are shaped like cups and they >completely enclose your ears blocking out a lot of sound as they >squash your ears and make them quite uncomfortable, on the ones i >like the sponge is usually a kind of flat disc that just rests on your ears. > >The next thing that I really would prefer is for the headset to be >one that goes over the top of your head rather than round the back >of it as with the ones that go round the back I don't like the way >they rest on the back of your ears, not sure if I described that >right. but I like it wear the band that joins the 2 headphones goes >over the top of your head rather than round the back. > >the other strong preference but this is not a requirement is the >ability to control the volume from the headset but this I can be >flexible on. Ideally of course a long cable would be good as well. > >if anyone has anything they can recommend based on the above I would >be glad to hear it, as I don't fancy going into a shop and having a >fight with them about opening various headset packages. though I >have found one or 2 pc worlds that will open up for you. > >Thanks for posting to the skype english list. To access scripts for >the latest version of skype go to >http://www.dlee.org/skype >To access tutorials and other goodies go to >http://www.marrie.org/skype/skype.html >thanks and have a wonderful day. > > >_______________________________________________ >Skypeenglish mailing list >Skypeenglish at emissives.com >http://emissives.com/mailman/listinfo/skypeenglish_emissives.com > >__________ NOD32 3979 (20090331) Information __________ > >This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system. >http://www.eset.com > !!!Thoughts become things so choose the good ones because Life's to short to be a grumble bum !!! * Email: dja9 at internode.on.net * Phone: 02428133758 * Skype: deanadams9 * Mobile: 0428133758 Thanks for posting to the skype english list. To access scripts for the latest version of skype go to http://www.dlee.org/skype To access tutorials and other goodies go to http://www.marrie.org/skype/skype.html thanks and have a wonderful day. _______________________________________________ Skypeenglish mailing list Skypeenglish at emissives.com http://emissives.com/mailman/listinfo/skypeenglish_emissives.com
