On Thu, 16 Jun 2011, Audrius Ka?ukauskas wrote:

Are you trying to run it on Slackware64?  From GoogleEarth SlackBuild
README:

3) GoogleEarth is a 32bit application only.  You need to have the 32bit
compatibility packages installed to have this work on a 64bit system.
Otherwise you'll just see "no such file or directory" errors.

  I installed AlienBob's compatibility libraries. There must be something I
did incorrectly, however, as I'm also finding a build problem with another
SlackBuild package (another thread).

  Acroread would not install until I added the compat32 libs; it has font
issues so I may have missed something here.

Thanks,

Rich