On 03/06/15 19:07, Matteo Bernardini wrote:

to avoid confusion I have created a dedicated branch in out git,
user/ponce/ffmpeg-updates, with the audacity patch.

As a matter of process, how can maintainers of the various SlackBuilds that will need ffmpeg-related changes have the changes applied to that git branch?

I have fetched that branch, made changes to vlc and pushed it to my github repo. Can I just give its location in this thread and expect the changes there to be picked up? Or is some other method preferred?

The location of my changes is:

https://github.com/cwilling/slackbuilds/tree/user/ponce/ffmpeg-updates/multimedia/vlc

There are two new patch files there as well as modifications to vlc.SlackBuild and doinst.sh.in.

chris