Even if I were to explicitly say "don't bother with
the OPTIONAL field" I know they would check it. They're just really
good people that way, focused on the quality of our repository.
Regardless of what I say, they're going to feel burdened by it. None of
us want junk in the repo, or broken OPTIONAL lines.
This is just a reality, and I'm going to fight against more work for
these volunteer workers that put so much passion into this project.
They have families and lives and I care for them deeply.

So, even if you would like to change something general like the OPTION-field
on SBo, it will hardly happen because of the workload?
This is not meant offending, really, i just want to get the point.

If nothing gonna be changed now, it's fair to say that, to not make the OPTIONAL-discussion a fight against windmills.

If it's all about manpower, something should be done about that.
Maybe the community can get more ability to contribute in some ways, beside providing SlackBuilds.

Johannes