On 06/11/16 05:26, Erik Hanson wrote:
Currently, the active admins go above and beyond anything I would have
ever expected. I'm incredibly proud of the people we have brought on
board over the years. My heart swells when I think about how this
project continues to exist 10+ years later, and the level of quality we
maintain.

You can be sure that many of us appreciate the work.
We all remember how it was before SlackBuilds.org.

Another aspect of this, is that I expect they would feel obligated to
check everything in the OPTIONAL field, along side all the extra work
they already do. Even if I were to explicitly say "don't bother with
the OPTIONAL field" I know they would check it. They're just really
good people that way, focused on the quality of our repository.
Regardless of what I say, they're going to feel burdened by it. None of
us want junk in the repo, or broken OPTIONAL lines.

I understand what you want to say.
I too have to be very careful to limit the time I spend on the code.

There are much more pressing issues, our current server is on it's last
legs, there's an "amber light of death", dmesg is filled with garbage,
and I don't expect it to survive a reboot. Up 962 days as of this
writing. We'll be fine for the foreseeable future, but something has to
be done. We're not going down, it's not doom and gloom, I'll be sure of
that. This is all just for reference as to why I'm really opposed to
big changes right now. Or rather, why I'm able to squint, give a keen
eye, and say "we really don't need this".

I've already offered my help, feel obliged to contact me.
And ask the community to buy a new server, we all depend on the service.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski