Robert Martin wrote:
> Just floating an idea for the future would it be possible to go and
> restructure the code so that interface "tweaks" and addon features
> could be done without doing a recompile for the main sl executeable??
>
> I would love for somebody to get back to the work on VWR-6199 but the
> whole program crashing (and other problems) kind of gets in the way of
> that
>
> Maybe in the 1.9 or 2.1 roadmap??

Take a look at realxtend's naali project. They've basically started
rewriting the C++ viewer from scratch under an MIT (?) license (maybe BSD).

There are several other from-scratch projects out there: pyogp in
python. limomv in C#. I'm experimenting with smalltalk (well, kinda
sorta). The wheel may need reinventing more than once, but don't ignore
the other wheelwrights while you're at it.

Lawson
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev