Stefan Bodewig wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Daniel Florey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi, Projector and webdavclient rely on the im-exporter. So we should
solve the dependency issues.

Trying to keep the ball in motion here ...

What do you think is needed to solve the dependency issue?

As long as xml-im-exporter is licensed under LGPL you'll be unable to
release either Projector or webdavclient as ASF software.  I
understand that the majority of xml-im-exporter developers are Slide
committers as well, so this issue may be easy to solve.

Or does "solve" mean "remove the dependency"?

If the former is the case, I'll happily take on the Gump side of
things.

BTW, waving my PMC hat around a little, the mere existance of
xml-im-exporter1_0.jar in Slide's CVS is not acceptable.  Not only is
it under an incompatible license, you also don't include its license
in CVS which would be required to follow xml-im-exporter's license
terms - you are in violation of xml-im-exporter's license right now.

Cheers

        Stefan

As the author of all code in xml-im-exporter 1.0 I hereby grant unrestricted rights to the ASF to use it for whatever purpose they like, including relicensing, changing, redistribution under their license etc.

Oliver