Exchanged xml-im-exporter 1.0 with 1.1 having a BSD like license.

Oliver

Stefan Bodewig wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Oliver Zeigermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

OK, it seems releasing it as BSD would be better, right?

Certainly.

As I already said on a different thread on a different list, any
license that doesn't limit Slide's users more than the ASF license
will do.

I see no problem to release an xml-im-exporter 1.1 under BSD, it
actually has some fine new features that could be released along.

Stefan, would this be a good solution?

It would be my personal preference, yes 8-)

If you want to include the jar in Slide's CVS, please also ensure you
are following the license verbatim.  I see you have an ant.jar in CVS
as well, which means you'd have to include Ant's LICENSE.TXT if it is
Ant < 1.6.1, since it still used ASF License 1.1 and this one is
different for each project.

And I'm not 100% sure, but I think geronimo-spec might require a
NOTICE file.  You may want to revisit all jars in your CVS module.

Cheers

        Stefan