Just curious, what is the limiting factor that prevents some of these
great ideas, patches, and improvements from occuring?

Max Pfingsthorn (Below)

Fabrice
http://www.mail-archive.com/slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg15053.html

Robert http://sourceforge.net/projects/webdav-servlet

Daniel http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=slide-dev&m=113464532806849&w=2

And many, many others available as patches in bugzilla and scattered
throught the mailing list. If it's lack of people to simply apply the
patches and test, I can help out with that (if tests are provided) - I'm
not a committer as I'm limited in time and the learning curve of the
project, but patch testing is relatively straightforward.  If the lack
of tests is the problem, maybe write up a document to let
non-apache-contributors know how to best make sure their patches get
approved?

I've seen quite a few enchancements and ideas throughout the history of
this project, and unfortunately some of them may have disappeared. How
can *I* help make it easier for these ideas, patches, and improvements
to move forward?

-D