you are right, WebdavSession.closeSession() closes the HttpConnection.

How would you like to change the code ?

I'm not sure, but I think closing the HttpConnection is the role of
the HttpConnectionManager.
In the current source, WebdavSession uses a
SimpleHttpConnectionManager, so there is not really a problem.

I try to do some mods to use the multithread connection manager. There
is a bug in commons-httpclient : the close on a connection does not
modify the connection counter in the manager, after some
webdav.closeSession your pool has no more connections.

I'm thinking in cleaning and releasing the connection in the manager
in the closeSession.

What do you think of my idea ?