Hello Thomas,

1 concerning the virtual root, if users do not have to use this feature,
I do not think this is a problem.
I suppose the reference document for quotas is this one :
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4331.txt
Does this document say that the available bytes on a collection should
be equal to the sum of the available bytes of each nested collection ?

2 about how to setup the quota metadata, what would be the permissible
ways to setup protected properties ?
I glanced into another RFC concerning ordered collections.
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3648.html
This RFC introduces a special method ORDERPATCH to change the order of a
sorted collection.

The rfc4331 does not define special patch methods for quota available
bytes and quota used bytes.

How does your Web service work ?  I suppose it is communicating directly
with the Slide store, bypassing the WebDAV API ?
And how does your DAV client work ?

It might be interesting to forward this discussion to the authors of the
quota RFC to see what they think.

Regards,

Antoine