After a bit more investigation, it seems that constructing a new HttpURL or
using the getHttpURL() method of WebdavResource also creates a new session.

Should it be doing this?

Is there a way to avoid it doing so?

There are some cases where I can see no way of doing what I want without
constructing a new WebdavResource or a HttpURL.

Cheers

Luke.
-----