As far as I am aware, the WebDAV Redirector is a IIS 6 thing. It exports IIS
WebDAV folders as Windows Network shares. It is custom MS stuff.

WebDAV is built-in to IIS5 (5.1) which ships with XP Pro. However, as a
server I am not sure the WebDAV Redirection works. I have seen no
documentation for this feature in 5.x. PLease correct me if I am wrong.

WebFolders are XP builtin WebDAV client functionality.

WebFolders will connect to any WebDAV server, it then comes down to
compatibility issues.

Using XP Clients you can connect to WebDAV Redirector redirected Shares
using normal NET or Map Network Drive functionaility.

I have not seen anywhere in the documentation for microsoft any mention of
the WebDAV redirector functionaility being interoperable with another
implementation of a WebDAV server.

If anyone has managed to get a network drive from a slide WebDAV
implementation other than using 3rd party software, please tell us.

Cheers

Paul.

techov.mspx#XSLTsection126121120120>).

Best regards, Julian