Mihir,

The answer is No as far as I can tell.  I will bet you are using Office 2000
SR1 or greater, and if you are then you are out of luck.  This post from
Microsoft's site details their decision to discontinue support of the
feature you (and I) both want.  Not sure why but note the "This behavior is
by design" comment.  (Apparently this worked prior to SR1)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308138
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308138>

I have been trying to arrive at a work around to this issue.  Right now I am
thinking of incorporating the Microsoft specific "behavior" CSS
attribute/directive on document links, that instead of opening the document
within word based on the .doc extension or MIME-type information like
application/word, will instead open (within IE) the web folder/network place
where the document exists.  Opening the document from here allows for Saving
back to the WebDAV server (as if the user had opened the document by
navigating themselves to the network place).  Something like:

folder="http://localhost:8080/slide/files/word1.doc";; style="behavior:
url(#default#AnchorClick)">Word Doc</a>

If anyone knows more about using the Microsoft behavior style directives,
please speak up.  (What is the best way to expose the href and folder values
in the href?)

My next hurdle, is to some how figure out how to only expose only one
document in the folder location from the href link.  I don't want users to
have to hunt and peck for the specific document they need to open.

Jonathan

  _____