Are you talking about the encoding done in the client library? That is
handled by the Httpclient libs.

As Julian already mentioned the '#' in the URL usually serves as a
fragment identifier. Hence I am not sure if the URL that Microsoft
produces is really a valid one. At least it was not a lucky decision.

You did not state explicitly what you have tried so far, but you could
try to create a HttpUrl with an escaped path. I am just not sure that
Httpclient does not check the validity regardless of the explicit
passing of an escaped URL.

Ingo