I've been reading the slide docs, have set up the slide server and
have WebDAV working for accessing files in slide.

I have been unable to definitively answer the following question.
Hopefully someone on this list can answer it.

Can the slide WebDAV servlet be configured to serve an existing
directory on the filesystem?

What I have found is that you can set up a slide filestore and store
files in it, but you cannot create a slide filestore from an existing
filesystem directory. Slide needs to store all kinds of metadata to do
its job and the webdav servlet can only serve a slide filestore. Is
this right?

If not, what would I need to do to get the slide webdav servlet
serving say, /home/alon/public_html/, where I have a bunch of
directories and files in that location already? I understand that a
limited set of the WebDAV protocol will be supported.

I've also looked at the tomcat webdav servlet but it has several
issues. First, it can only serve the webapp root in which it is
loaded. It is also dependent on many tomcat core classes. I would like
to be able to deploy on a range of application servers.

Thanks,

Alon