Hia folks,

 Again, don't remember correctly in witch context someone said that slide
would try to be MS-Compatible. At least I believe they meant
MS-interoperable.

 Also, I too agree with Julian and you folks. What's the point in supporting
MS extensions if they can change it over night? Worse! Poorly written and
bug-enabled!
 That's the strength in industry standards, in witch we should depend: only
the best thinkers contribute to a standard, making it mature. Also, a
standard is used by everyone, not just by one big company, improving
interoperability and reusability.

 I don't like monopolist entities, but Microsoft as cool products, really
productive tools when .net came our way. Wouldn't mind programming .net if
they would continue to support standards as they seemed to do these last
years: but these Microsoft 'standard' extensions make me feel like I belong
in the open source community, and that there will be a never ending fight
between them and us, despite how cool their tools look like.

 Best regards,
 Miguel

____

IndianAtTech wrote:
> Miguel Wrote:
>
> I don't know if Slide is supporting this MS webdav extension, but if
> I remember correctly someone said that slide was trying to be
MS-compatible.

What's the definition of "MS-compatible"? Which MS product? And how
compatible? In that it's interoperating, or so that it supports
MS-specific extensions?

> kranga wrote:
> Its their typical arrogant way of working and I say
> that Slide should NEVER EVER support these M$ extensions.

I'd say that if Slide wants to support MS extensions, it would make
sense to document them in an IETF document (after community review).

Julian