Hi Charles,

I have no experience with installations that have requirements similar to yours. What I can tell you, however, is that it is most likely less work and more promissing to be successful to help tune *Slide* for better performance and scalability than to build something from scratch. Additionally, there are a lot of motivated people trying to bring Slide forward. You could benefit from this and help as well. I understand building something from scratch can be much more fun in the initial phase, but when it comes to the tough parts, I'd say you'd be much better of with Slide.

Just my - naturally biased - view.

Oliver

[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
I am working with a large open source project to build a learning management
system (www.sakaiproject.org) - we need a content system.  I have been tracking
Slide over the past several years.  I have used it in several projects and would
like to adopt it for Sakai, but Sakai has some pretty high performance needs.

As an example, Indiana University will run a site with 100,000 users and
10Million hits per day.  I am wondering if there are some high perfomance
installations of Slide that operate in that kind of environment.  Feel free to
drop me a direct e-Mail with a short summary of your installation.

I really would like to use Slide because of its rich feature set and the fact
that it is open source, but I am nervous about being the largest Slide
installation on the planet and the fun that entails...  Some of the people on
the project would prefer to "roll our own" content management system with
simpler semantics than Slide but then something that we can tune for
performance and scalability as needed.

Thanks in advance.

Charles Severance
Chief Architect, Sakai Project