Hi Zoltan,

it is pretty hard to tell what is actually going on without seeing the code. I however suspect the PROPFIND is done on a resource that is still locked by another transaction that has not been committed or rolled back. As this is on the server side it is of no use to restart the client. Try to have something like a commit/rollback in finally blocks to make very sure all transactions are properly terminated.

By the way, what is the underlying persistence store? Depending on this there are different ways to find out what locks are on what resources. Note that Slide does no additional locking when running external transactions.

Hope this helps otherwise please show us the code,

Oliver

L Z schrieb:

Hello slide users,

I am using slide 2.1b1 server and client.
I tried to use the external transaction feature in the
following way:

init a WebdavResource startTransaction();
mkcolMethod(); (create a new collection)
proppatchMethod(); (on the newly created collection)
putMethod(); (put a new file in the newly created
collection)
commitTransaction();

everything works fine, the resources are created when
i call the commitTransaction() but after this i am not
able to create a new WebdavResource() object. I
debugged it and i figured out that when the first
PROPFIND method is issued (to get the basic
properties) the server won't respond.
It also don't works if i restart the client. I had to
restart the server then it works.

Can somebody help me, please?

Thank you,
Zoltan.