From: Oliver Zeigermann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 6:08 PM
To: Slide Users Mailing List; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Slide and JSR170

Slide does not support JRS170. Jackrabbit isn't used either. It's the other
way round as well, Jackrabbit does not use Slide either.

I guess there are quite a number of parameters included in the decision
which way to go, so I really can not make any recommendation.

Good thing about WebDAV is that there already are a number of applications
supporting it. Drawback would be that WebDAV by nature is a client/sever
protocol, so you would always have the communication overhead. On the other
hand while JSR170 covers only certain aspects of a content store, WebDAV is
pretty much complete. Additionally, programming against JSR170 would
restrict you to Java solutions.

I *personally* would not at all recommend programming against the sever
Slide API...

Oliver