Bill Keese wrote:
> For webdav-enabling an existing java application, I'm just wondering
> what the alternatives are to Slide, . Since Slide is a content
> management system with a webdav service built on top of it, it functions
> well as a CMS but it's overkill when you want to Webdav-enable an
> existing system. It does all sorts of user-management and
> lock-management stuff that I don't want.
>
> I feel like I just want something that converts the HTTP requests into
> calls to java functions. (And also does the XML serialize/deserialize
> for stuff like PROPFIND.)
>
> Comments?
>
> Bill

I don't really know of any free alternatives to Slide, but integration
should not be too hard with the WebDAV Construction Kit (WCK). After
all, that's what it is for. You can find WCK is in the Slide CVS. There
has been no release yet AFAIK.

I think you can disable (most of) the user management stuff and simply
configure tomcat to do no authentication. And the lock management -
well, that kind of comes for free - no administrative overhead, so why
get rid of it?

 Edmund