I am looking for a way to record all the read/write operations (resource, user, timestamp, type of operation, ... possibly more) on the slide server and make that collected data accessible to a webdav client.

in the Server API I found these 2 interfaces: org.apache.slide.content.ContentInterceptor
org.apache.slide.event.ContentListener

which one should I use to collect the data I need? to me it looks like the Interceptor can do more? is there anything that can be done only with the Listener interface? are both going to stay in future slide versions?

then there's also the matter of storing the data someplace inside slide and retrieving it from the client (on a per-resource basis). i would like to keep things simple and let the client request the access log of a resource through a property, but i am not sure whether this would be a good idea in the long run.

i could really use some advice from someone who's had experience with the server API here.

thanks.

 Edmund

--
liland open IT solutions GmbH