Sean Doyle wrote:
[This is the same message as before - hopefully the formatting is
easier to read]
Hi - When I use proppatch to set a property on a resource (a collection in
this case) that contains XML the server side file contains the
following escaped XML sequences in the property:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <data>
     <objectnode classname="org.apache.slide.structure
.SubjectNode"
 ..
               <snip>
 ..
 <property name="medcommons" namespace=""
                     value="&lt;MCSeries&gt;...
Yes - I know I need to set the namespace (one problem at a time
:-) ) but here I'm concerned with the escaping of the XML and how to
avoid it in the server metadata files.
The client-side code (both sides use jakarta-slide the client side
uses 2.1; the server a 2.2ish version checked out from CVS about a
week ago)
WebdavResource wdr = null;
 String metadata; // A string version of an XML document that starts
like "<MCSeries>..."
<snip> success = wdr.proppatchMethod(newPath, "medcommons", metadata, true); Where do I configure/code Slide to save the metadata files in the
following form:
 <property name="medcommons" namespace=""
                     value="<MCSeries>...
The two reasons that I want to save the metadata without the escape
characters are for byte bloat and because there is server-side code
that examines this metadata.

That wouldn't be a well-formed XML file anymore. Why would you want that?

Best regards, Julian