On 6/30/05, Julian Reschke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >>That wouldn't be a well-formed XML file anymore. Why would you want that?
> >
> > Let me ask a different way -
> >
> > I do want the XML to be well formed - I just don't want the XML that
> > I've assigned by a property to be escaped (e.g., replace "<" with
> > "&lt;"). . Is it possible to insert properties in a metadata file so
> > that I can access them directly via XPath - or will I have to read the
> > escaped XML data, interpret it, and then use XPath to extract data
> > from them?
>
> Of course the format *could* be defined so that the XML-typed properties
> are actually persisted as XML; but that would be an incompatible format
> change, I guess.

Right - but I'm just starting out so I'm not as worried about
incompatibilty on the disk. Over the wire (via propfind) this is
neutral. I should out the same value for a property as I put in with
proppatch - right?

What I was hoping was that there was something in slide.properties
where I could change the behavior. For a given server installation the
behavior would/should be constant.

If it can't be changed via configuration - I might look at modifying
the code. Since I'm new I'm not sure exactly how to approach it - I'm
hoping that I can add a new store on the back end with the behavior
that I want. But if there is a simpler way to do this I'd appreciate
any pointers.

Thanks..

Sean