Correction!

I was wrong when I said that you have to use a debug profile.  You
don't.  You can just fire it up via the launch button.

-Brice

On 8/3/06, Brice Giesbrecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Aslam.  If your goal is to setup slide and have it run in a
container and debug it via Eclipse, I would recommend you download the
slide/tomcat bundle (2.1 server Tomcat 5 bundle) from
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_slide.cgi.  Set it
up to run (outside of eclipse).  AFTER you have verified your
installation works, setup eclipse to use your new tomcat installation.
 If you are using the sysdeo plugin, it will be a snap.

Once that is done, download the slide source code.  I have created a
separate project for slide source and just use it as the source for my
slide jars.

You can then set breakpoints in the slide source code.

IMPORTANT!  Don't just start tomcat via the icon provided by the
sysdeo plugin!  Create a debug launch profile.  If you start tomcat
via the start button, your app will not be in debug mode and will
blast past any breakpoints you have set.

If there is an Eclipse guru on the list (which I am not), maybe they
can offer some suggestions or correct anything that I have said that
is wrong or misleading.  I do have Slide running in tomcat out of
eclipse and I am able to debug slide.

HTH

-Brice