John Byrne wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how (or if it's possible) to use Subversion to handle the automatic version control in Slide? I know Apache mod_dav uses Subversion, but we'd prefer to use Slide because of the indexing and DASL support.

That's a misunderstanding. mod_dav doesn't *use* subversion out of the box. mod_dav has an API that allows replacing its internal file system store by something else, and that's what subversion does.

As far as I can tell, the same *could* be done in Slide (ignoring the language mismatch), but I don't think that exists. And if it would be done, you probably would loose the indexing/DASL support.

Also, what are the main differences between the "deltaV" version control in Slide and Subversion? Any info on either of these questions would be great.

Subversion doesn't really implement DeltaV (as per RFC3253) -- only a minimal subset plus lots of custom extensions.

Best regards, Julian