> Maybe an interface like this (to be expanded with more useful
> functions) would be good?
>
> public interface SlingScriptHelpers {
>     /** Include the resource pointed to by the given path in the
> current response */
>     void include(String relativeOrAbsolutePath) throws IOException,
> ServletException;
> }
>
> And this would be made available to scripts as a variable named "sling".
>
> I haven't looked in detail at the existing Sling stuff, so we might
> need more than that?
> (keeping in mind the minimalism of microsling)

the j2ee equivalent would be:

req.getRequestDispatcher(path).include(req, resp);

right? so i think this very same mechanism should also be available
for the scripts.
we need to define how the j2ee context is exposed to the script.
for example, i would expect that in esp, there would be 'document' or
'context' field exposed.

for example:
document.write(...)   would write to the response writer

and
response.setContentType(...) would set the response content type

so:
request.getRequestDispatcher(...).include(reqest, response) should
actually work.

but of course, a convenience class should encapsulate this in order to
make microsling easy to use. either:
sling.include(...)
document.include(...)
response.include(...)