...I think we should spend some time thinking about integrating this Web
Forms 2.0 http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/current-work/ ...

I'm not familiar with that spec, what does that imply, broadly speaking?

Having spent some hours discussing microjax with David today, I decided to actually read the spec because I thought, I might be able to learn something from the people who work at Apple, Mozilla and Opera. And I did.

Web Forms 2.0 have a number of implications that ease the development of web applications by providing a powerful framework for client-side validation and processing of web forms. This means: - a validating type system for <input> elements, including date, time, e-mail-addresses, pattern maching, ranges, steps, sliders, etc
- an <output> element for outputting content (this is useful, hold on)
- a repetition model for form elements including repeater templates, add and delete row actions, min- and max-repeat specifications
- better handling of file uploads
- a powerful client side form events model including validation and form processing
- form submission via POST, PUT, GET and DELETE
- form encodings that are encoding-aware and able to express order of multi-value elements and repeaters - fetching data from external files and pre-populating forms or selection lists. Combine this with output fields and repeaters and you can fill any data into a form that can be expressed in a JCR node. - more sophisticated ways of dealing with form responses, possible actions are: doing nothing, loading another page or re-filling the form with the response data.

So there is a standards-compliant way of exchanging complex form data between client and server and there is also a cross-browser implementation available: http://code.google.com/p/webforms2/

I'm not sure how and if we could use this for microjax, but to me this looks like a solid basis to build webapps upon.

Lars
--
Lars Trieloff
[EMAIL PROTECTED]