I can see where you are going with this, however, in my mind there is one key piece of functionality that Nodes do not provide which is the adaptTo method. The adaptTo method would allow a resource to be implemented and respond to many different Node types. I guess, however, that this adaptable interface could be built into the OCM layer? I re-read your post linked below, could you go into more detail on your proposal?

-paddy