Am Dienstag, den 08.01.2008, 12:02 -0800 schrieb Padraic Hannon:
> I'd like to update the various ScriptEngineFactories so that they
> provide their services via osgi. This way the registration of
> factories can be done via standard osgi bundle activation. This would
> allow the default script resolver to access Freemarker and the other
> engines, and could be used for microSling as well.
>
> WDYT?

The ScriptResolver is capable of getting ScriptEngineFactories from
bundles through the META-INF/services/* mechanism as well as getting
ScriptEngineFactory services. So both methods are acceptable.

If we are talking about reuse of ScriptEngineFactory implementations,
having support for the META-INF/services/* mechanism is crucial, as this
is the default mechanism to inject such a biest in a traditional
(static) application.

The other way around also works: Our implementations could theoretically
be used in traditional applications. Whether someone would be interested
in this (and not using Sling) is another question :-)