Hi,

I have created two new Maven modules in order to start "porting"
µsling to Sling, under
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sling/trunk/usling/ :

usling-webapp:
Contains no code, just a pom and a web.xml to generate an empty Sling
webapp based on the launcher/app and launcher/webapp modules.

usling-servlets:
Currently contains only one do-nothing UslingMainServlet, implemented
as an OSGi SCR service.

The next steps would be to port the existing microsling servlets to
usling-servlets, and move the existing microsling integration test
suite to usling-webapp.

Questions:

1) Does this match the "vision" of how to use those app and webapp modules?

2) Shall we put all existing microsling servlets in the
usling-servlets module (that's what I suggest, at least initially), or
do we want to separate them in different bundles?

3) To activate the usling-servlets bundle automatically in the
usling-webapp, I've added this maven-dependency-plugin config to the
usling-webapp pom.xml, to copy the bundle to
WEB-INF/resources/bundles. Is that the correct way of doing that?

          <execution>
            <!-- Copy bundles that must be initially installed to
WEB-INF/resources/bundles -->
            <id>copy-dependencies</id>
            <goals>
              <goal>copy-dependencies</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>

<outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/${project.build.finalName}/WEB-INF/resources/bundles</outputDirectory>
              <excludeTransitive>true</excludeTransitive>

              <!-- List artifact names of bundles to install here -->

<includeArtifactIds>org.apache.sling.usling.servlets</includeArtifactIds>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>

A final comment: there's a lot of resource copying going on in the
various POMs, feels a bit complex. No urgent problem though.

-Bertrand