Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 2:51 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
...I just started to look at the new notice files and found several problems,
so I reopened the bug and added the info there...

See my comments in SLING-495 - I think the current state reflects Roy's changes.

... I really think we should go back to hand written notice files, let's use the
now generated once as a starting point....

If we do this, we lose the benefit of detecting when new dependencies
are introduced by Maven, for future releases. This means going back to
100% manual maintenance of our 55 (currently) NOTICE files...not nice
if we can avoid it.

Given the problems we have I'm not sure what the best solution is. Dependencies do not just change and checking what you might get before you change a dependency is a good thing :)

For instance maven thinks that there is a mx4j inclusion in the scheduler. But it is definitly not, mx4j is used by quartz at compile time, but it's neither used at runtime nor is it distributed by us.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]