Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
Easy - just remove the first line of  etc/notice/notices/prefix.txt.
For now I left it because I think that's what Roy intendend, i.e. that
Apache Sling as a whole is copyright ASF.

Hmm, ok, might make sense...

I suggest that we keep this for now, it just looks a bit weird, not problematic.

...Or (better IMHO), we can modify the note in prefix.txt (which shows at
the beginning of all generated NOTICEs) to say something like "The
Apache Sling project is based on code initially provided by Day
Software", which is more generic and true.

Yes, I think that's more appropriate...

Ok, I'll do that right now.

...This notice issue is really becoming very annoying. For instance the mention
of slf4j or quartz in the notice files is done in many other projects and I
thought that we have to give them attribution if we include their stuff.
Now, Roy removed these. I'm clueless what's right, sorry....

I suggest that we trust Roy on this for now.

I trust Roy, but I know that other projects would definitly vote against such a notice file. And this is the strange point here.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]