On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 8:17 PM, janandith jayawardena
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ...When Sling/Scala bundle loads in Sling it gives an  exception saying it
> cannot load  "scala.tools.nsc". ...

I've had a look at this and the problem was missing <Private-Package>
instructions in pom.xml [1] for the maven-bundle-plugin, I have added
them now.

Those are needed to embed the necessary classes in the bundle (might
be better to get some of those from other bundles, but that's good
enough for now).

I could not get the bundle to load though, now the missing dependency
is com.sun.tools.javac, which is more problematic - it looks like the
Scala compiler uses sun's compiler directly - I'll write a question
about that in a separate thread.

For now, Janandith, you could continue working on the scala engine by
writing unit tests (see the scripting/javascript module for examples)
to validate it, and then replace the scala interpreter by the compiler
if possible.

Those tests will run with "mvn test", so outside of the OSGi
environment, and we can solve the bundle loading problem later.

-Bertrand

[1] http://code.google.com/p/sling-scala/source/browse/trunk/sling-scala/pom.xml