Hi,

Bryce shows an interesting use case in bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-553 where he references html fragments from his pages through jcr references. As the fragments itself are imported during content loading as files, they're not referenceable but just nt:file.

Bryce suggestion is to make the nt:file (and nt:folder) mix:referenceable if a reference to such a node should be created.

Now, I understand the use case, but I'm not so happy about this special case handling. I personally would either a) make all nodes mix:referenceable regardles of the type if they are referenced during content loading. b) provide a different way of making the file mix:referenceable. For folders you currently can add a file with the same name as the folder and the ".json" extension and add the mixins there. We could allow the same mechanism for files as well.

Looking at the options, I think b) is the way to go, as this would allow to add other properties (whatever they might be) as well.

Thoughts?

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler