Hi all,

SLING-344 [1] added the StarResource [2] to support requests to
explicitly unknown resources like /* or /*.html. One feature of this
class is, that it adapts to a "FakeNode".

Given that in the meantime we are firm on the resource tree, which
resolves resource, which need not be backed by JCR items, having a
synthetic resource not backed by a JCR item return a non-null result for
adaptTo(Node.class) is kind of strange.

For this reason, I suggest remove the Node adapter functionality of the
StarResource, such that

        StarResource.adaptTo(Node.class) == null

WDYT ?

PS: The StarResource also uses the FakeNode to apply the
PathBaseResourceType resolution. This would still be kept.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-344
[2]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sling/trunk/bundles/jcr/resource/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/jcr/resource/internal/helper/starresource/StarResource.java