Hi Christophe,

> I would like to build a custom sling war. The customization is mainly
> to override some  component properties.
> What is the best way for doing this ?

Sling is a set of bundles who are mainly intended to be deployed on a
OSGi container: Apache Felix, Eclipse Equinox, Sun Glassfish, etc. In
the other hand, you have some pre-configured launchpads to run Sling
in a standalone mode [1] or as a web application [2].

For the time being, you need having your own customized webapp
launchpad  in order to initially deploy other bundles than Sling ones.
I´m referring specifically to change the pom.xml and optionally
overwrite the sling.properties file that must be placed inside WEB-INF
folder.

The properties in sling.properties file are saved into bundle context,
so you could intialize any properties of your custom bundles based on
them. The component properties, that are registered using the
Configuration Admin service, can be modified with the Apache Felix
Console [3].

Hope this helps.

BR,

Juanjo.