a qualified +1 (non binding),
but only because I see problems with the management of the private list.

Committers who are not PPMC members cannot be on the private list otherwise they will see Committer->PPMC votes, and perhaps rejections.

Further, this will mean that committers will not be able to cast votes, even non binding, on elections of new committers.

However, if this works ok on top level projects, then there is no reason why it shouldn't work for Sling.
Ian