On 6 May 2009, at 20:23, Felix Meschberger wrote:

I have to admit, that I have my issues with this patch, too. First it
introduces new API and second it exposes a Jackrabbit internal feature
(SynchronousEventListener) which is AFAICT not intended for general use.

May I ask you, what your use case for the SynchronousEventListener is ?

We need to get access to items before they are saved to
a) set additional node properties
b) apply some rules on node properties.

So I would also prefer a solution, which the standard OSGi Event Admin
service: Using service registration properties EventHandler services may
limit the events they receive.

To support Jackrabbit SynchronousEventListeners, the OSGi EventAdmin
bridge (bridging JCR events to OSGi events) may use synchronous event
delivery (EventAdmin.sendEvent). For normal EventListeners, the regular
asynchronous event delivery (EventAdmin.postEvent) is used.

WDYT ?

yes, that might work for us,
I assume by synchronous they are on the same thread and share the same Transaction context ?

I am open to what ever is simple, mainstream and works.

Ian